Superintendent - Maintenance
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 31 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Check out our website www.oceanagold.com
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now
Applications close June 8 2023. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Responsible for leading, developing and coordinating all aspects of open pit mine maintenance activities. Ensuring that adequate resources are available to ensure equipment is available to perform at the agreed performance level in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- Develop and drive the implementation of tactical and strategic maintenance strategies to optimize our assets.
- Drive implementation of new asset management business practices, frameworks and business improvement initiatives.
- Influence the work of a large team of employees and contractors to ensure our assets meet operational requirements/parameters, including conformance with global regulatory and organizational health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Assist in ensuring broader site compliance with company HS&E policies, procedures and mandatory instructions that safeguard the environment, protect the wellbeing of individuals and minimize broader business risk.
- Ensure operational readiness for all assets are complete and regularly reviewed.
- As contract manager for all Major OEMs ensure quarterly meetings are held with a mindset for continuous improvement.
- Review of existing operations practices and assist with the implementation of innovation processes across the department or sub-function to ensure the required continuous improvement outcomes are delivered.
- Ensure WMS (Work Management System) is followed with regular reviews of Business metrics to identify improvement
- Engineering Trades Certificate and/or appropriate Tertiary qualification essential
- WorkSafe NZ Certificate of Competency (CoC) as a Mechanical Superintendent or ability to obtain one
- First Aid Certificate
- Full, clean and current drivers’ licence, and confidence driving a manual vehicle.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ mechanical maintenance experience within a large heavy earthmoving environment.
- Demonstrated contract management and negotiation skills