Mine Operations- Equipment operator
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 31 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/OceanaGold
OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Operators to join the team.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operation of heavy equipment
- To ensure dozer/excavator is operated safely and in accordance with company procedures
- To report any operational hazards to the Supervisor
- To ensure dozer/excavator is operated for reliability (O4R)
- Operating the dozer productively while maximizing machine life and machine performance
- Communication via 2-way radio
- Assists in mine support activities as necessary
- Perform pre-shift inspection and document appropriately
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- 12 hour shifts
- 1 year experience operating a track dozer, previous experience operating a D10 desired but not required
- Willingness to work night shift
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- HGM promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment including both mandatory pre-employment and random drug testing.
Key Working Relationships
- Excellent problem solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals.
- The ability to make a decision from a range of competing options where the outcomes are not entirely predictable.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convince others to co-operate and contribute.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.