- Henderson, NV, USA
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative's cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees in nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues, and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our employees are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative, passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
The position is located at our Henderson, NV Manufacturing Facility.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and passionate Operations Supervisor to join the best team you can work with. Our culture is one where the characteristics of a successful employee are not only defined by our employees, but are embedded and embraced. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Supervisor provides leadership and overall direction to ensure employee success and production attainment.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results on shift production summaries.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop plans and organize work in a manner that support exceeding daily standard production rates while maintaining compliance with safety regulatory and quality standards.
- Leads/supports assigned teams in continuous improvement projects.
- Performs administrative tasks such as vacation/payroll/discipline/performance review management and helps monitor the labor and operations budget.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field with 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required including conflict resolution, training, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends or other shifts if needed.
- Proficient in multi-tasking, organized, high capacity for change and the ability to manage change
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.