- Plot 5a, Pinnock Beach Estate, Jakande, Lekki, Nigeria
Our Client a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators, Home appliances and HVAC is currently beefing up its team.
Manage the company’s clearing process of products. Supervise all export transactions, ensure shipments are on time and resolve any issue related to it.
Coordinate the opening of MS and LCS forms.
Liaise and follow up with colleagues and suppliers concerning the status of company’s shipments and proper documentation of shipping document.
Follow up on LC transactions and check the clearing agents and shipping reports.
Keep records of goods at the port and sea.
Check all shipping documents.
Ensure that clearing process is done on time in order to avoid any delays.
Resolve all necessary issues arising on any shipment (documentation /clearing/shipping line).
Supervise export transactions with the Export Team and ensure that reports are sent to the Head of Finance on time.
Solid understanding of the shipping and logistics Industry
Solid knowledge of import-export regulations and international trade
Able to track multiple processes at once
Able to handle high levels of stress
Accurate and precise attention to detail
Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
Outstanding problem solving abilities
Excellent communication and client service skills
Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
Strong team player
• Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or equivalent.
• Must have operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
• Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
• Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies and terminals.
• Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports
• Must have knowledge of the customs and excise HS code and explanatory notes.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Skills Required
• Relevant functional skills & expertise
• Leadership skills
• Self- driven
• Need to release energy
• Performance focus & strong sense of urgency
• Need to work across boundary
• Develop capability
• Learning agility Other Requirements Work Experience
• Min 7-8years of proven working experience as a Clearing Supervisor. Experience in an international trade industry is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
• Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards