OUTsurance Broker Consultant
- Centurion, South Africa
- Skillset: OUTSURANCE BROKER
- FAIS: Non-Financial Advice Giving Role
OUTsurance is a customer-centric and dynamic financial services company with a global foot print and a proud history of innovation. We are vibrant, successful and values orientated with an awesome dynamic culture encapsulated by the ethos that clients and staff “always get something OUT.” Our success can be attributed, amongst other things, to the outstanding people that work for us.
OUTsurance is a formidable player in the short term insurance market. As a values-based organisation we take our reputation for awesome service and innovation seriously and strive for excellence in all we do.
Our business product offering has grown significantly over the years which has led to the development of the broker distribution channel. To facilitate this model the brand new position of Broker Consultant (Business OUTsurance) has emerged.
The incumbent of this will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and management of short-term commercial Insurance initiatives in the Broker market. Extensive focus will be on the retention and profitable growth of allocated and new broker portfolios through the development and management of strong relationships with intermediaries and internal business partners.
The Broker Consultant: Broker Distribution must align themselves with the OUTsurance culture and values of Awesome Service, Passionate, Honest, Human, Dynamic and Recognition.
- Matric Certificate or National Senior Certificate
- Short-term insurance related qualification or relevant FAIS credits
- At least 3 years’ personal and commercial lines experience in an operational environment
- Sales and broker relationship management experience in the insurance sector
- RE5 Completed
- Extensive experience in maintaining and growing a profitable portfolio of Commercial and Personal insurance
- Valid code B driver’s license
- 3 years insurance broker portfolio management experience
- Must have your own reliable transport
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical product knowledge on short-term insurance
- Technical underwriting knowledge (short-term)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent inter-personal and problem solving skills
- Business skills
- Conflict management skills
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis processes and statistics
- Support sales strategy and business plan for the individual broker
- Establish and manage strong relationships with brokers including business managers
- Growth and Retention of allocated broker portfolios
- Assist in identifying new potential brokers and opportunities for business growth
- Awareness of competition and market information
- Facilitate the sales process and ensure that brokers deal with correct channels
- Monthly analysis and MIS reporting of figures down to broker level
- Report at Face to Face management meetings to discuss performance and growth of the intermediaries
- Portfolio budgeting in conjunction with short-term targets
- Deciding and initiating action
- Client service orientation
- Building networks and good relations
- Applying expertise and technology
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Supporting change
- Performing under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Enterprising and commercial thinking
- Teamwork and supporting
- Analysing of data
The Broker Consultant: Broker Distribution will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the wider Business OUTsurance Distribution Management team.
In accordance with OUTsurance Insurance Company Ltd Employment Equity goals, preference will be given to individuals who meet the job requirements and are from the various designated groups.