- Centurion, South Africa
- Skillset: AUDITOR
- FAIS: Non-Financial Advice Giving Role
OUTsurance is a customer-centric Financial Services company with a global footprint. We are vibrant, successful and values orientated with an awesome dynamic culture encapsulated by the ethos that clients and staff “always get something OUT.” Our success can be attributed, amongst other things, to the outstanding people that work for us.
Purpose of the role is to conduct governance, financial, business and operational process audits on the various business areas within the Group.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of an Internal Auditor include auditing the various business processes within the OUTsurance Group and requires the following:
Participation in, and on occasion leading of audit reviews, delivering audit outputs which include final reports within agreed timescales and in accordance with Internal Audit Standards.
- Conducting a preliminary survey to obtain an understanding of the area and processes under review, in order to establish the scope of the audit. This includes risk analysis, audit program design etc.
- Performing of the audit fieldwork in terms of the audit program.
- The drafting of the audit report, highlighting the relevant control weaknesses, risks and recommendations, including management’s comments on the findings.
- General administrative tasks with regard to the audit file and subsequent follow-up and tracking of audit findings.
- Liaising effectively with the audit-manager or -lead.
- Liaising effectively with clients at departmental level to ensure efficient completion of individual reviews exhibiting appropriate soft skills.
- Carrying out debriefs with department managers to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews, and ensuring that the scale and scope of the deliverables resulting from audit recommendations are adequately understood.
- Populating working papers with good quality planning, fieldwork and reporting material on a timely basis.
- Participating in internal departmental work and key standing tasks such as Board and Audit Committee reporting, as requested.
- Evaluating and monitoring of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified.
- Auditing in the insurance environment will be advantageous,
- Data and Analytics experience,
- IT audit experience (application testing); and
- IFRS 17 experience will be advantageous.
Competencies and Skills:
- The ability to take responsibility and show initiative;
- Adherence to principles and values of the profession and the company;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to apply professional / specialist / technical expertise;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Quality and detail orientation;
- Excellent Report Writing Skills;
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the job and the company;
- Effective at planning and organisation/work management;
- Desire and willingness to learn and further grow technical skillset;
- Adaptability; and
- Tolerance for stress.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) (with a BCom Honours); or
- Chartered Accountant (CA); or
- CIMA or similar; and
- Five years’ experience within the audit field.
An ideal employee will be able to align their personal work values to the companies’ values. Enthusiasm in dealing with people in a stressful, deadline orientated environment is essential.
In accordance with OUTsurance Insurance Company Ltd Employment Equity goals, preference will be given to individuals who meet the job requirements and are from the various designated groups