Compliance Officer – Life and OUTvest
- Centurion, South Africa
- Skillset: COMPLIANCE ASSISTANT
- FAIS: Non-Financial Advice Giving Role
OUTsurance is a customer-centric financial services company with a global foot print. We are vibrant, successful and values orientated with an awesome dynamic culture encapsulated by the ethos that clients and staff “always get something OUT”. Our success can be attributed, amongst other things, to the outstanding people that work for us.
The successful candidate will carry out the day to day Compliance Risk Management duties to ensure the company, more specifically the Life Insurance and investment business (OUTsurance Life and OUTvest), complies with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Providing support and technical guidance on legislative compliance matters and to assist with the implementing, development and maintaining of the Compliance Risk Management Framework.
- Assist with ensuring that all regulatory and compliance risks are identified, managed, mitigated and reported on and that the Chief Risk Officer, the Risk Committee, the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and the Board are made aware of such risks.
- Analyse current and forthcoming regulations, proposals and legislation and provide meaningful, detailed analysis.
- Providing support and guidance to Management and Senior Management in responding to compliance matters and resolving queries.
- Ensure that the necessary compliance policies, frameworks and processes and procedures as well as compliance plans are executed on and continuously improved.
- Assist in compiling internal and external compliance reports.
- Assist in the recording of non-compliance matters identified and follow through on the agreed recommendations.
- Assist Management to influence proposed legislative changes and projects initiated by the regulators and industry bodies.
- Engage and attend workgroups with external stakeholders such as ASISA as well as with the Regulatory Authorities on a constant basis. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain a good working relationship with these external stakeholders and Regulatory Authorities and to contribute meaningfully in these engagements.
- Relationship management and interaction with internal stakeholders. Collaborates with other departments (e.g. Risk Management, Internal Audit, Human Resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Law Firm as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Assist in compiling and consolidating reports on compliance matters.
- Assist, monitor, guide and coach staff on Compliance matters.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- A team player with a flexible approach.
- Good people skills as well as being able to communicate well in all aspects of the company.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Problem-solving skills to find solutions for any unsafe conditions in the workplace.
- A desire to learn and grow.
- Takes initiative and works under own direction.
- Upholds ethics and values and demonstrates high levels of integrity.
- Engages professionally.
- Methodically plans and organises tasks and projects.
- Works meticulously always demonstrating a very high level of attention to detail.
- Adapts and responds positively to change.
- The ability to multitask and handle stress.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Degree in Compliance or Legal
- 3-5 years’ Experience in compliance risk management, guidance and monitoring
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of Insurance, investment and retail pension fund legislation as well as related products
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Advantageous Qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Compliance Management will be advantageous
- FAIS Cat I and Cat III Licensed Compliance Officer
- Experience relating to Pension Funds will be advantageous
- Alignment to OUTsurance values (Awesome Service, Passionate, Honest, Human, Dynamic and Recognition)
- Personal drive and a positive attitude. Ability to be a self-starter and drive tasks to completion.
In accordance with OUTsurance Group Employment Equity goals, preference will be given to individuals who meet the job requirements and are from the various designated groups.