Senior Internal Auditor - Bromley
- 21-25 North Street, Bromley, United Kingdom
We are: In just over 15 years, OSTC has become one of the leading trading companies in the world. Our success is focused on hiring and developing talented people and helping them to perform to their maximum and fulfill their potential.
We’re a trading company, however, unlike many other trading companies we are continually innovating new products to support our business.
*** Please note: At the moment we only accept direct applications and don't work with recruitment agencies. ***
We are looking to recruit a senior internal auditor to assist in developing and delivering the internal audit service so that assurances can be provided to the audit committee and senior management over the adequacy and effectiveness of OSTC’s governance arrangements, risk management, and internal controls.
This is a key role that will provide an opportunity to develop a good understanding of the company’s activities by performing audits drawn from the risk-based audit plan. These audits will mostly be at the head office although there will be opportunities to also travel and perform audits at our regional offices.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of the risk-based internal audit plan;
- Conducting research and drafting and agreeing on terms of reference for internal audit reviews with management;
- Document processes and controls, evaluating and testing effectiveness of controls;
- Review and discuss initial findings and recommendations with management;
- Drafting and agreeing internal audit reports with management;
- Conducting follow up audits and produce monthly status reports based on management’s updates on their actions;
- Assisting in the production of regular internal audit progress reports;
- Deputising for the head of internal audit;
- Maintenance and develop knowledge of regulatory requirements, laws, best practices, auditing and accounting developments relevant to our business sector.
You are a part Qualified/ Qualified accountant (CCAB) or internal auditor (CMIIA) with personal accountability with high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills. You possess excellent communication and collaborative skills and enjoy engaging with different teams and staff at all levels.
- Part Qualified/ Qualified accountant (CCAB) or internal auditor (CMIIA);
- Applies professional standards and adheres to principles in the code of ethics;
- Possesses internal audit experience;
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of IIA professional standards for internal auditing;
- Capacity to work autonomously and own initiative;
- Able to multitask and manage own time effectively to meet audit delivery deadlines;
- Applies a pragmatic approach when developing recommendations;
- Possesses excellent communication and collaborative skills, engaging with different teams and staff at all levels;
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical skills;
- Self-starter with personal accountability;
- Willing to undertake up to 15% international travel performing audits at OSTC’s regional offices.
We are offering:
- Entrepreneurial culture and a real opportunity to continuously improve OSTC’s governance arrangements, risk management, and internal control processes.
- Work within a business with a clear growth plan over the next 5 years.
- Opportunity to help establish and build a professional, credible and well respected internal audit service.
- Salary: £45-55,000 GBP
- An excellent opportunity to develop your existing knowledge of a proprietary trading business and financial services internal audit experience.
- Training and further development opportunities.
Take the opportunity – We have built a company where financial success is tied closely to technical achievement. We are always on the lookout for people who can bring their intellect, enthusiasm, and ability to execute to the team.
Terms and Conditions:
OSTC Limited is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. The OSTC Job Applicant Privacy Notice explains how we treat the information you submit and we collect as a part of the recruitment process. By using the OSTC careers website and submitting your personal information through this site, you agree that OSTC Limited may process your personal information for the purposes described in the OSTC Job Applicant Privacy Notice. OSTC Limited is the data controller for the information you provide through this website.
Please let us know if we can help you with the application process in any way. We are more than happy to make any adjustments needed to enable all interested candidates to apply
OSTC is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive organisation. It actively encourages diversity and inclusion, while opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation