- 901 N Shabbona St, Streator, IL 61364, USA
- Department: Research & Development
- Location: Streator
- Sub Job Function: Research & Development
Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Set up and adjust machines and equipment.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring, evaluations, or promotions
What we offer at O-I:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more…
The Shift Supervisor should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience supervising/leading people and processes in a Manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of Supervising Manufacturing Operations experience (preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certification or other process/continuous improvement skill
- MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) intermediate skills, required
- Strong decision making and judgement skills
- Strong communication skills
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.