Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Would you like to be part of a new healthcare delivery model that will be like no other organization you have worked for?! We are a dynamic agency where you can make your own schedule; however, we do require one weekend day once a month.
We are looking for healthcare professionals who are willing to work full-time or part-time (20+ hours per week). We are looking for LPNs who would like a flexible schedule, like diversity in their work environments, and would like to make a respectable income.
We provide temporary staffing to fill gaps in assisted livings, skilled nursing facilities, and similar environments.
Nursing skills this position can expect to utilize, range from assisting an adult patient (age 18+) who cannot care for themselves to more acute care such as: Wound care, Rx reconciliation, vital sign checks, catheterization, ADLs, and more. We are committed to our patients and their families, we will provide emotional support to our patients and their families including last-minute needs, overnight care and/or travel companionship just to name a few.
This is an opportunity for a conscientious, self-motivated nurse with excellent organizational skills who enjoys a variety in their work and environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The nurse is able to identify patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with the patient and their family within the scope of her/his licensure. The nurse sees patients in their homes or facilities we work with. Some of the tasks you may perform throughout your course of employment with us may vary, however, below is an example:
- Safely and effectively administers medications, tests, and treatments as ordered.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, and their families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills and patient’s limits.
- Assess a patient by obtaining a history, performing appropriate tests, and making or collecting observations from the participant and caregivers.
- Arranges for or directly implements care plan interventions and testing, treatment, or other provider orders.
- Oversees delegated tasks to ensure completion, monitor outcomes, and make adjustments to care plan as needed.
- Teaches patients and families’ health care regimens. Explains and provides information regarding disease and wellness, tests, results, medications, diet, exercise, and other aspects of the plan of care to patients.
- Uses sound clinical judgment to accurately assess patient problems during visits and responds both with nursing interventions and by bringing concerns to the attention of the patient’s primary care team as appropriate
- Communicates clearly and professionally with patients and caregivers
- Maintain real-time documentation/reports during each visit, this should include thorough medical information.
- Provide care and compassion for our elders that have ailments – not limited to Dementia/ Alzheimer’s in our community and support the caregiver to prevent burnout.
- Documentation of nursing visits
- Other duties, as assigned
- Current Massachusetts LPN license in good standing
- Current Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation
- 1 + year of nursing experience preferred, but not required. VNA experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with documenting the electronic medical record strongly preferred
- Must be a fluent communicator (English); bilingual is a plus. Excellent clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, nursing skills, physiological knowledge, administering medications, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion, and maintenance.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must feel comfortable seeing our clients in their homes and or facilities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.