Registered Nurse (RN)
- 405 Concord Ave, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
We are a new healthcare model. Through our innovative model of care, we provide healthcare to our patients when they want and where they want; our visits to our patients can be as short as 30 minutes or as long as 24 hours / 7 days per week. We want to break down the walls that patients sometimes incur in healthcare settings by doing so, we have founded Nursing on Demand.
Would you like to be part of a new healthcare delivery model that will be like no other organization you have worked for?! We are looking for healthcare professionals who are willing to work per diem / on-call. If you are able to work 30 minutes a day or up to 24 hours days – then we are interested in speaking with you.
The home health nurse will work with patients and their family members. They will provide patient education, treatment, and emotional support to help these individuals recover from injuries, illnesses. Our nurses will also provide care to our most cherished individuals in our community (primarily adults and the elderly). Nursing skills this position can expect to utilize, range from assisting in the everyday care of a loved one who cannot care for themselves to more acute care such as: Wound care, Rx reconciliation, vital sign checks, ADLs and more. We are committed to our patients and their families, we will provide emotional support to our patients and their families including last minute needs, overnight care and/or travel companionship just to name a few.
This is an opportunity for a conscientious, self-motivated nurse with excellent organizational skills to join us in reaching out to the community providing hands on experience to our patients and their families in our surrounding community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The RN is essential that the nurse is able to identify patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with the patient and their family within the scope of her/his licensure. The RN sees patients in their homes and will provide a direct skilled nursing in the context of both scheduled and urgent visits.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, and their families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills and patient’s limits.
- Assess a patient through obtaining history, performing appropriate tests, making or collecting observations from the participant and caregivers, and consulting with other members of the IDT.
- Prepares and presents a patient for rapid provider review and treatment.
- Arranges for or directly implements care plan interventions and testing, treatment, or other provider orders.
- Oversees delegated tasks to ensure completion, and monitor outcomes, and make adjustments to care plan as needed.
- Safely and effectively administers medications, tests and treatments as ordered. Manages the refills of all patient medications with appropriate authorization by the provider.
- Teaches patients and families health care regimens. Explains and provides information regarding disease and wellness, tests, results, medications, diet, exercise, and other aspects of the plan of care to patients.
- Uses sound clinical judgment to accurately assess patient problems during visits and responds both with nursing interventions and by bringing concerns to the attention of the patient’s primary care team as appropriate
- Communicates clearly and professionally with patients and caregivers
- Maintain real time documentation/reports during each visit, this should included thorough medical information.
- Provide care and compassion for our elders that have ailments – not limited to Dementia/ Alzheimer’s in our community and support the caregiver to prevent burn out.
- Documentation of nursing visits
- Other duties, as assigned
- Current Massachusetts RN license in good standing
- Current Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Two (2) year’ of nursing experience preferred, but not required. VNA experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with documenting in electronic medical record strongly preferred
- Must be a fluent communicator (English); bilingual is a plus. Excellent clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, nursing skills, physiological knowledge, administering medications, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must feel comfortable seeing our clients in their homes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.