Software Engineering Manager
- 461 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Who we are?
The Novatti Group is a leading alternate payments solutions and banking services company specialising in products and services that help companies to thrive in a cashless economy. The Novatti Group is ASX Listed and operates several brands in Australia and around the world. Our products and services include:
An alternative payments suite of products including vouchers and QR code payments
Cross-border remittance network and compliance services
Chinese-market related payment services
Prepaid Visa cards issuance - as a Visa Principal Partner & Program Manager
Business and billing automation
What will you be doing?
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will provide technical support and people leadership to the engineering and development team whilst driving engineering best practices and process. You will have an influence on solution architecture, development languages and frameworks and drive the implementation of it therein. More importantly, by providing day-to-day hands on leadership you will establish and lead high performing
engineering teams and empower engineers to continuously learn, improve their skills and
grow their careers.In this role you will:
- Lead, mentor and coach multiple teams of software engineers in the full lifecycle of software development using Agile methods in Australia and overseas.
- Design, establish and implement key processes, tools and infrastructure to build and scale a growing engineering team focused on quality and agility.
- Design and build robust and highly scalable solutions through your understanding of distributed system considerations, secure coding practices and cloud technologies.
- Perform code reviews and uphold coding standards to adhere to software
development best practices and design patterns.
- Contribute to designing a technology vision and strategy to enable the product
strategy and support critical business functions.
- Assist in financial software development complacencies such as PCI
Compliance, GDPR, CDR and others.
- Contribute to the overall software development progress of the platform by offering tactical and strategic software implementations to accommodate for product and business requirements.
What would make you a good candidate?
- You have an IT degree with a minimum of 7 years of commercial experience preferrable fintech, billing and/ or provisioning platforms.
- You have experience working with Agile methodologies as well as a strong understanding of technology and software development.
- You have secure software development experience, threat modelling with an
understanding of penetration testing and experience in the design and deployment of cloud-based API’s utilising REST and SOAP.
- Strong development skills:
- Well versed with PHP 7, PHP IDEs and frameworks
- Experience with Java8 – a great advantage
- You are familiar with ORACLE and AWS technologies and administration.
- You have demonstrated experience in designing, building and supporting distributed transaction processing systems in a cloud-centric environment.
- You are able to juggle multiple competing priorities while managing multiple projects.
What it means to work for us.
Our core values - collaboration, innovation, respect and accountability - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the other perks of working with us:
Opportunities to learn and accelerated career development.
A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do.
Regular social activities and celebrations.
New office in the heart of buzzing CBD.
Flexible work arrangements, including remote working.
Bill Gates once penned “We are changing the world with technology.” If you feel the same, take the leap and apply with us.
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter (yep, we do read them) and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "#fintechsfuture" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.