Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer
- Springfield, MO, USA
Nothum has been providing food further processing equipment and solutions since 1971. Our technologies have been proven to reduce line space by eliminating unneeded equipment, improving accuracy through automated quality control, and reducing the amount of labor needed. We have successfully been able to achieve this through our distinct uniframe design.
Although it has taken us a few years to get to where we are today, we have critiqued our business in order to satisfy our customers. Nothum also provides exceptional customer service, training, trouble shooting, and customized equipment.
Are you a pragmatic, self-motivated individual looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for the opportunity to join a Research and Development team that is working on cutting edge technology?
If you answered yes, we would like to talk to you. We are looking to add a Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer to our Springfield, Missouri office. You would need to be self-motivated, have confidence in your programming abilities, and have a background in bringing solutions to the table. We are growing quickly, and we are looking for someone that can bring a strong level of commitment, organization, and knowledge to our team.
What are we looking for?
- Strong knowledge of HMI and PLC automation.
- Strong development skills in UI design and programming.
- Ability to research, test, and implement new componentry to continue to keep us on the cutting edge.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities to be able to present information and work with both internal and/or external customers.
- Strong problem solving capabilities by using knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in electrical schematics.
- Be able to work hard, but still have fun.
- Preferred background in Schneider controls, but not limited to.
What will you be doing here?
- Develop and design machine controls for newly built custom automation machines, upgrades to our current standard machines, line modifications, and additions.
- Play a key role on the Research & Development team to provide working expertise for both current and new product lines.
- Work with management, production, or other areas of the company to discuss project specifications or procedures.
This position will come with a competitive compensation package with options including up to 100% paid medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, Life/AD&D, disabilities insurance, PTO, monthly 3 day weekends, and 401(k)+match.
Nothum Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.