Research & Development Manager
- Springfield, MO
Nothum has been providing food processing equipment and solutions since 1971. Our technologies have been proven to reduce line space by eliminating unneeded equipment, improving accuracy through automated quality control, and reducing the amount of labor needed. We have successfully been able to achieve this through our distinct uniframe design.
Although it has taken us a few years to get to where we are today, we have critiqued our business in order to satisfy our customers. Nothum also provides exceptional customer service, training, trouble shooting, and customized equipment.
Are you a mechanically inclined leader that is self-motivated and looking for a fast paced, constantly changing opportunity leading an up and coming research and development team? Are you looking for the chance of mentoring an R&D team and growing their capabilities for contributing to the organization? Are you looking for an opportunity to join an organization that is designing cutting edge equipment and leading the industry?
If you answered yes to each of these, we’d like to talk to you. We’re looking to add a leader to our Research & Development team at the Springfield, MO office. We are looking for a self-reliant individual with confidence to lead a team and create an environment where creativity and innovation bring to life the best products to our customers. We are growing quickly, and we are looking for someone that can lead and grow the current team while bringing a strong level of commitment, organization, and knowledge to our current team.
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience leading a Research & Development team, with a preference in the food processing industry.
· Strong mechanical background, with a preference in the food processing industry.
· Strong written and oral communication abilities to be able to present and explain new product ideas & progress on ongoing projects.
· Motivated and career driven individual who thrives on creativity & the knowledge of the practical application of food processing systems to stay ahead of the curve in development.
· Previous experience managing the coordination and overall integration of new projects from product design and engineering to final production of new equipment lines.
· Strong Problem Solving capabilities by using knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in technical production plans, drawings, prints, and models.
What will you be doing here?
· Daily leading a well rounded team of engineers, welders, assemblers, programmers, etc to develop and test new business products.
· Assigning tasks to each R & D team member and monitor progress, work efficiency and quality of work.
· Confer with management of the company to discuss project specifications or procedures.
· Travel to customer locations as needed to research areas of new development, improvement or updates.
· Working with other members of the company to recruit, hire, provide performance reviews for direct staff, and disciplinary action as necessary.
Nothum Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a strong family oriented culture.