Research & Development Tech
- Springfield, MO
Nothum has been providing food processing equipment and solutions since 1971. Our technologies have been proven to reduce line space by eliminating unneeded equipment, improving accuracy through automated quality control, and reducing the amount of labor needed. We have successfully been able to achieve this through our distinct uniframe design.
Although it has taken us a few years to get to where we are today, we have critiqued our business in order to satisfy our customers. Nothum also provides exceptional customer service, training, trouble shooting, and customized equipment.
Are you a mechanically inclined craftsman that is self-motivated and looking for a fast paced, hands on manufacturing opportunity? Are you looking for the chance join a team that is constantly working with their hands? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a role that will provide you with a new challenge every day?
If you answered yes to each of these, we’d like to talk to you. We’re looking to add to our Research & Development team at the Springfield, MO location. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with confidence to work within a team environment to provide the best product to our customers. We are growing quickly, and we are looking for someone that can join the current team and bring a strong level of commitment and professionalism.
What are we looking for?
· Strong mechanical background, with a preference in the food processing industry
· Ability to measure accurately and layout from blueprints
· Previous experience building equipment with little direction from prints, but rather from a concept to the finished product
· Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner and work well as a team member
· Experience in welding, machining, and assembly preferred, but not required
What will you be doing here?
· Perform daily tasks such as production inspections, conduct functional and continuity test of equipment
· Work on projects through various phases of production including manual machining, layout and press brake, welding, and assembly.
· Make recommendations for decisions related to product development based on production efficiency
· Take direction and work with minimal supervision while staying on task and performing all tasks to quality assurance and safety standards
· Work with team members within the R & D team and Engineers, as well as various other departments to achieve production goals
· Help continuously improve assembly processes and methods
This position offers very competitive wages and benefits. We are a family owned and operated company, and we are interested in adding like minded individuals to our team!
Nothum Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.