Traveling Service Technician
- Springfield, MO
Nothum has been providing food processing equipment and solutions since 1971. Our technologies have been proven to reduce line space by eliminating unneeded equipment, improving accuracy through automated quality control, and reducing the amount of labor needed. We have successfully been able to achieve this through our distinct uniframe design.
Although it has taken us a few years to get to where we are today, we have critiqued our business in order to satisfy our customers. Nothum also provides exceptional customer service, training, trouble shooting, and customized equipment.
Are you a mechanically inclined leader that is self-motivated and looking for a fast paced, constantly changing opportunity to work on site with our customers? Are you looking for the chance to travel throughout the United States, and potentially international locations? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a role that will provide you with a new challenge every day?
If you answered yes to each of these, we’d like to talk to you. We’re looking to add to our traveling service technician team. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with confidence to travel onsite to our customers. We are growing quickly, and we are looking for someone that can join the current system and bring a strong level of commitment and professionalism to the team.
What are we looking for?
- Strong mechanical background, with a preference in the food processing industry.
- The current possession of a Passport, or the ability to have one issued.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities to relay critical information and basic reports to both plant managers and the home office.
- Ability to work individually and with a team. This position will likely spend 50% traveling alone and 50% with another Service Technician.
- Ability and Willingness to travel 4-6 days per week based on needs of customers as they arise. (This role many times runs with an “On Call” schedule style).
What will you be doing here?
- Traveling to customers’ facilities and performing tasks related to either Preventative Maintenance or Service Calls as needed. (Traveling will include up to 80% of the time spent for this job).
- Working with the customers’ staff – as needed – to ensure proper training on all equipment to ensure efficiency and safety are occurring always.
- Create documents reporting the customers’ visits for both the plant manager on site and for the home office.
- Complete all other paperwork as necessary, including but not limited to: timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position offers very competitive wages and benefits. We are a family owned and operated company, and we are interested in adding like minded individuals to our team!
Nothum Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.