Machinist - Second Shift
- Springfield, MO
Nothum has been providing further processing equipment and solutions since 1971. Our technologies have been proven to reduce line space by eliminating unneeded equipment, improving accuracy through automated quality control, and reducing the amount of labor needed. We have successfully been able to achieve this through our distinct uniframe design.
Although it has taken us a few years to get to where we are today, we have critiqued our business in order to satisfy our customers. Nothum also provides exceptional customer service, training, trouble shooting, and customized equipment.
Are you a mechanically inclined leader that is self-motivated and looking for a fast paced, constantly changing opportunity? Are you looking for the chance join a team that is constantly working with their hands? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a role that will provide you with a new challenge every day?
If you answered yes to each of these, we’d like to talk to you. We’re looking to add to our Machinist team at the Springfield, MO office. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with confidence to work within a team environment to provide the best product to our customers. We are growing quickly, and we are looking for someone that can join the current team and bring a strong level of commitment and professionalism.
What are we looking for?
- Strong mechanical background, with a preference in the food processing industry.
- Previous experience working with manual and CNC Mills and Lathes
- Someone that can remain steady under pressure while being able to handle a high-volume work load
- Strong attention to detail to efficiently produce high quality and accurate parts on time.
- Ability to maintain a clean and safety minded work environment
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner and work well as a team member
- The ability to be flexible enough to take care of different tasks and various company needs
What will you be doing here?
- Safely working daily with a team of machinists producing quality conforming parts from stainless steel and plastics.
- Operating mills and lathes to produce parts for food processing equipment from prints and drawings.
- Setting up machinery and tolling to manufacture specific parts to print
- Work with team members within the machine shop as well as various other departments to achieve production goals
- Helping to continuously improve machining process and methods.
- Working a standard schedule of 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm - overtime as necessary.
At Nothum Manufacturing, we offer competitive wages and benefits. Any selected candidate may need to be flexible to work with our first shift team for initial training and as needed based on business need, but as a general rule would maintain a consistent schedule with the second shift team.
Nothum Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.