Sr Software Engineer
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be a key Agile team member building user interfaces and software components to enhance our on-premise and cloud based Enterprise CRM Systems.
- Design and build the software that brings new features to our CRM platform
- Design and build well-crafted software that is effective and maintainable
- Enhance and support the continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Build applications quickly in an agile environment
Skills and Requirements
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Driven to support quality and test automation (unit and integration)
- Eager to collaborate with engineers, designers and product managers
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and evangelizing best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization
Required Technical Experience:
- At least 3 years of delivering production quality components for enterprise CRM systems
- Proficient with object oriented design and development methodologies
- Proficient with database technologies including SQL and SQLServer
- Proficient with software development tools and continuous delivery and integration technologies. Ideally this would include: Jenkins, TeamCity, JIRA, TFS, GIT based repositories and UrbanCode.
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Other CRM solutions such as SalesForce
- Scripting languages such as: PowerShell, Unix Shell, Perl or Python
Education Experience: Bachelor’s in relevant field required
Req ID: 14345
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/05/2017