Shipping and Distribution Associate
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
· High school diploma or equivalent and six months of previous experience in a shipping/receiving function
· Participation in OSHA approved electric dock truck training resulting in certification
· Successful completion of lifting physical
· Ability to handle fast-paced, high volume job with high degree of accuracy
· Ability to use good judgment and must have good problem solving skills
· Proven ability to work in an independent manner without direct supervision
· Must have endurance for extensive standing and/or walking with the ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 pounds
- This position requires regularly unloading and lifting moderate weight packages and materials typically weighing 20 to 40 pounds at the loading dock. Occasionally lifts materials exceeding 80 pounds. In addition, picks up and delivers goods that are shipped/received from 3rd party vendors to Northwestern Mutual employees or departments at the Franklin campus. Examples include but are not limited to:Record storage boxesUPS/FedEx packagesIntracampus boxes/goods being shipped from one department to another
- Must wear steel toes shoes
- Up to 40 lbs -1/3 to 2/3
- Up to 80 lbs -Infrequently/Occasionally
- More than 80 lbs -Infrequently/Occasionally
Req ID: 16201
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Employment Experience: 0-2 years
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 08/07/2017