Data Integration Lead
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What’s the role?
As a Data Integration Lead, you will design and develop integrated data solutions, modernizing, consolidating and coordinating business needs across several applications. You will analyze business and functional specifications to deliver high-quality data solutions while maintaining development best practices and optimizing maintainability and supportability. In this role, you will create high-level architectural design down to detailed data designs and supervise the execution and deployment of your vision. Assignments involve new solutions and enhancements and maintenance of existing solutions.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in data integration and development
- Ability to evaluate software, make buy vs. build recommendations, and establish development environments
- Interested in a strategic thinker; someone who takes ownership of issues and assignments, moves between diverse tasks with cooperation, persistence, and a purpose
- Need someone who is able to take undefined needs and turn them into a working solution to meet business needs
- Possesses advanced skills and knowledge of development methodologies across various technologies
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to multiple levels of the organization
- Proven ability to lead teams and drive for results through others
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Skill sets desired:
- Batch and near real-time data integration experience
- ETL and/or Informatica
- Experience working with relational databases including DB2 LUW, MySQL, Sybase, DB2 z/os
- Strong SQL – writing and reviewing complex SQL statements, performance tuning
- Unix/Linux scripting
- Data security experience
- Previous experience working with cloud data solutions
Req ID: 16402
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/11/2017