- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Northwestern Mutual, mobile experiences are becoming increasingly integrated throughout our business processes and products. We are changing the way we work and engage with our clients. We are looking for a Mobile Architect to join our Mobile Practice team to help guide teams throughout our entire organization as they build secure, scalable, and innovative mobile-appropriate solutions.
What you’ll get to do:
- Evangelize our mobile application strategy across Northwestern Mutual development teams.
- Help mobile application development teams with development and integration tasks as needed.
- Collaborate with development teams to establish mobile analytics standards.
- Collaborate across development teams to identify, define, and build reusable UI components.
- Explore, define, and implement automated testing tools for mobile.
- Define and implement mobile developer testing & compliance standards.
- Define and implement process to measure enterprise mobile maturity model.
- Monitor industry trends and standards in mobile and enterprise architecture.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years professional experience building enterprise mobile applications
- Experience building mobile and/or responsive web apps.
- Experience building cross-platform mobile applications using React Native, Cordova, Xamarin, or similar technology.
- Experience with software development lifecycle processes and tools such as source control, build, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Experience leading architectural discussions and drawing consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- A tenacious self-starter and determined problem solver.
- A collaborative team member who cares more about proper solutions than being right.
- Understanding of standard enterprise application architectural practices.
- Understanding of enterprise and mobile application security practices.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Mobility Management utilities such as Microsoft Intune or BlackBerry EMM.
- Bonus: Experience in financial or other highly data-sensitive field.
Note Regarding Requirements: this position may also require fingerprinting and/or FINRA registrations, or have additional physical requirements. Managers can refer to the Job Description SharePoint for this information.
ADA Disclaimer: This job description is meant to be a general description, and may not include all essential job functions or competencies needed to perform those job functions. The Company will reasonably accommodate medical needs for qualified job candidates to successfully perform the job. Job qualifications and accommodation needs are reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Req ID: 15141
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Master's Desired
Employment Experience: 9+ years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/27/2017