- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As a Java Engineer, you will be a key Agile team member building web-based services and software components to support our cloud based Enterprise CRM system.
- Design and build the software that brings the cloud and on-premise systems together
- Design and build well-crafted software that is effective and maintainable
- Enhance and support the continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Build applications quickly in an agile environment
Skills and Requirements
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Driven to support quality and test automation (unit and integration)
- Eager to collaborate with engineers, designers and product managers
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and evangelizing best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization
Required Technical Experience:
- At least 3 years of delivering production quality Java software
- Proficient with object oriented design and development methodologies
- Skilled at building modern REST Web services
- Detailed knowledge of web servers and middleware technologies. Ideally this would include at least one or more of the following: WebSphere, MQ, Azure and IIS
- Experience with database technologies including SQL, SQL Server and UDB.
- Experience with software development tools and continuous delivery and integration technologies. Ideally this would include at least one of the following: Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Git based repositories and UrbanCode.
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Scripting languages such as: PowerShell, Unix Shell, Perl or Python
- Education Experience: Bachelor's in relevant field required
Req ID: 13646
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 05/05/2017