Learning Strategy Consultant
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
The Learning Strategy Consultant Consults with Distribution Performance and Development leadership, stakeholders of various product/service/market areas, enterprise business partners and field leadership to develop strategic training plans aligned with Enterprise and Distribution Strategy and priorities. In this role, you will: define the vision and structure of learning paths for Distribution Performance and Development team members, advocate for and educate on the value and benefits of learning paths; identify needed competencies for a specific business focus; oversee training resource development in in order to aid Distribution Development and to sustain and enhance productivity among a wide variety of audiences. Supports a planning culture focus and provides solutions regarding the direction of ongoing training and development priorities and projects. Participates in and leads multi-departmental project teams including monitoring of related budgets.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, education, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in training development with a demonstrated record of collaborative problem solving and assessment and support of training needs.
- Proven ability in competency modeling, strategic problem solving, negotiation, and team building.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-departmental teams;
- proven success to direct and influence multiple groups in leading a collaborative effort.
- Proven ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Independently lead and execute complex departmental and cross departmental projects;
- support assignments with responsibility for managing scope, risk, business value, timeline, and budget.
- Written and oral communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical information and concepts to clients with tact and diplomacy.
Req ID: 16281
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/10/2017