Sr Full Stack Engineer
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Digital Workplace team within the Investments and Financial Management space. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
What you’ll get to do:
- Apply engineering best practices to analyze, design and develop deploy and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
- In a DevOps environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
- Build day-to-day like a start-up - incrementally and iteratively - but with the security and resources of an enterprise budget
- Collaborate in a deeply cross functional way with engineers and designers - roll up your sleeves and put your heads together to brainstorm requirements for features and solution through thorny bugs
- Release to production early and often - you won’t be working on a product for a year before it sees the light of day; we believe in MVPs.
- Get to know your end users - observe users firsthand working with the software, and field ideas and requests from them directly
- Test and learn - You are empowered to work with our Analytics and UX Research experts to identify problems, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions
- Work with a talented, mission-driven, fun-loving team who values your input and your individuality
Who we’re looking for:
- Full Stack senior engineer
- Experience with coaching and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with REST backend, ex. Node (Express), Java SpringBoot, or .NET Core
- Experience with front-end CSS frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc.) and CSS precompilers (Sass, Less)
- Experience with relational and non-structured databases
- Experience with cloud services and applicable uses, AWS or Azure
- Experience with Git Source Control
- Looking for experience in the following:
- Enterprise data management
- Markit EDM tool is a plus
- Data governance
- Mastering Data
- Modernize legacy data applications
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
- Life Balance
- Extensive Training Opportunities
Req ID: 16361
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/09/2017