Marketing Communications Manager
- Franklin, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of our growing Client Experience team, you will play a key role in defining and delivering outstanding communications that create a distinctive client experience. You will drive improvements to client communication content and omnichannel delivery (print, email, web, etc) for assigned projects or experiences such as billing and annual policy statement modernization, client notifications and confirmations, and servicing correspondence.
- Partner/consult with business areas on delivering distinct client experiences
- Manage development of communications (copy/design)
- Oversee creation and maintenance of client communication experience journey maps
- Develop and execute roadmap for implementing communication improvements that address client pain points and unmet needs across delivery channels
- Direct project research (e.g. use case definition, explaining and clarifying business process, impact to people and processes, etc)
- Develop business requirements and define budget needs for assigned projects
- Manage implementation, including support teams
- Identify impact metrics and interpret reported analytics
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing/communications, Business or related field
- 6+ years of experience/knowledge of marketing and communication operations/processes to include analysis, design, documentation, and production using industry best practices and standards
- Attention to detail and ability to manage cross-functional client experience communication initiatives. Strong understanding and proven experience managing omnichannel projects that include email marketing, web, mobile and print components.
- Experience with messaging matrixes and demonstrated understanding of how to unify messaging across a series of independent documents to enhance end-to-end client experience
- Strong project management skills with ability to deliver projects on time, within budget and at required level of quality
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using in-depth analysis and best practices to develop new perspectives on existing solutions or create new, inventive and enduring solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and build credibility and strong partnerships in matrixed organization across business functions and levels
- Excellent communication skills for internal collaboration and development of client communications.
- Change agent dedicated to continuous learning and improvement and comfortable in ambiguous situations where roles are not always clearly defined.
- Knowledge and experience in financial services industry is preferred.
Req ID: 16121
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/02/2017