Senior O365 Engineer
- Franklin, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As a Senior O365 Engineer, you are an expert for the platform and you work closely with product, IT and business stakeholders in an agile workflow to embrace and promote an agile mindset. You will operate in a fast-paced startup environment. You are a strategic thinker, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you. You have the ability to collaborate with a diverse cross section of talented engineers and provide a team first approach. You create a team of highly engaged individuals that work to bring their best every day!
In this role, you will be accountable to:
- Design, build, implement and support the productivity experience (messaging & collaboration technologies) solution anchored on but not limited to the Microsoft Office 365 (0365) platform.
- Design & Implement Mobile Device Management & Mobile Application Management using Microsoft Intune.
- Lead O365 and Exchange Online enterprise migrations.
- Design productivity experience solution that meets Northwestern Mutual technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Partner with Productivity Experience Product area for platform capability/functional business requirements.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure and Operations peers to develop short and long term roadmaps.
- Lead technical discussions with stakeholder/internal customers that drive decisions and implementation.
- Run the Productivity experience engineering area with effective agile delivery processes, service metrics, and financial, vendor, and life cycle management.
- Meet SLA/OLA requirements for productivity experience solutions.
- Lead an engineering team of varying professional levels to include coaching, development, performance, salary administration, and staffing decisions.
- Accountable for vendor relationship management across productivity experience products, partnered with various NM relationship owners, Enterprise Vendor Management and any other stakeholders to achieve company productivity experience strategy.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in Systems Administration, Systems Engineering or applied Architecture.
- 5 years or more of engineering and/or applied architecture experience in O365 platform.
- Microsoft Intune experience required.
- Microsoft Azure AD experience required.
- Exchange Online & Hybrid design and implementation required.
- Experience implementing and working within a DevOps model.
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with immediate team members, other IT areas, and clients in other departments.
- Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization.
- PowerShell experience.
- Identity and Conditional Access design and implementation experience.
- Skype Enterprise Voice using cloud PBX experience.
- Knowledge of O365 groups, development patterns & practices.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery model experience.
- Work in an agile/scrum (SAFe) delivery environment.
- Microsoft O365 certifications.
- Experience with managed services.
Req ID: 16421
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/11/2017