Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Franklin, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As achieving financial security becomes more complex for more people, a few simple truths are becoming even more powerful: Relationships are built on trust. Our lives and businesses matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today they’re hardwired into our DNA and are just some of the reasons why people turn to Northwestern Mutual to help secure their financial futures.
Northwestern Mutual Senior Full Stack Software Engineer involved in the DevOps movement, represents a unique hands-on opportunity to work on various web-based products, and teams, that integrate over many various systems. We use some of the latest and greatest technologies and are fast pace environment focused on delivering customer value with iterative and continuous cadence. Our team fosters collaboration, passion for learning and ownership.
- Advance DevOPS, automation and XP practices
- Research, conduct POC on new automation and development practices
- Work as a technical coach and mentor to the engineering team
- Proliferate best known practices through training, coaching and Dojo
- Work closely with products and the engineering team to implement test first frameworks
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent, with 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment leveraging BDD/TDD and whole team approaches within a fully-dedicated Agile team
- Proficient coding skills in one or more OOP languages: Java, C#
- Application of Basic Object-Oriented Concepts (encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism)
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Principles: S.O.L.I.D., or similar
- Solid unit testing frameworks: xUnit, Junit, Jasmine, Tape, Mocha, or similar
- Familiarity with test frameworks: Cucumber/JS, JBehave, TestNG, Selenium, or similar
- Attention to detail and passion for creating creative solutions for fixing complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience in setting up continuous integration (CI) build environments using Jenkins, TeamCity or a comparable solution.
- Proven track record of test planning and test metrics generation for large-scale web applications and services.
Req ID: 14522
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/13/2017