- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
- Under the direction and supervision of attorneys in the in the Law Department, the position applies knowledge of legal concepts and processes to provide efficient and effective legal coordination and support primarily for the securities law aspects of our variable annuity and variable life insurance products, by undertaking the following types of work:
- manages process, helps draft and file registration statements, annual and semi-annual reports, prospectus supplements and related documents with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- performs legal and public records research
- works with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- maintains and updates files, procedures and databases
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of paralegal experience, preferably working with federal securities law documents. Additional experience together with a certificate of paralegal studies from a program approved by the American Bar Association may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Strong analytical skills, high level of attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgment.
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with clients throughout the enterprise, as well as attorneys and other professionals in the Law Department.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Req ID: 16401
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 08/10/2017