Sr. Enterprise Architect
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What You’ll Do:
- Evangelize our system architecture strategy across Northwestern Mutual development teams
- Work on POCs (Proof of Concept) implementations, conduct groundwork research, and provide technical frameworks that allow your peers to be more effective and deliver on initiatives faster
- Collaborate across development teams to identify, define, and build reusable UI components
- Stay on the cutting edge of enterprise architecture methodologies through research, networking, and brainstorming with your colleagues
- Partner with key stakeholders to review enterprise-wide architecture and solutions, identify risks, and provide remediation recommendations in line with standards and business strategies
Who You Are:
- A fast learner and self-starter - you’ll work with colleagues who are incredibly kind, talented, and always willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, so your willingness to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen is imperative
- An avid collaborator - you understand the value of working with a team to solve problems and explore innovative solutions; you care more about proper solutions than being right
- A skilled communicator - you easily elicit feedback, translate requirements, and troubleshoot issues with colleagues at all levels and from a wide variety of backgrounds
What You’ll Need:
- 4-6 years professional experience building enterprise applications and helping lead technology change in an organization.
- Experience designing and building applications using part or all of a modern development stack.
- Strong knowledge and exposure to the software development lifecycle, as well as tools such as source control, build, unit testing, and continuous integration
- Proven ability to lead architectural discussions and draw consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Bonus: Experience in financial or other highly data-sensitive field.
What You’ll Enjoy:
- New, state-of-the-art building with incredible views of the lakefront and city
- 9 paid holidays and generous PTO
- Onsite lunch at no charge
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans that kick in on day one
- On-site medical centers with a maximum copay of $5 per visit
- On-site fitness center with 24/7 access, group fitness/yoga classes, and ultramodern equipment
- Parental benefits including 100% paid leave, adoption assistance, and nursing mother's program
- Professional development through workshops, in-house training, and our educational assistance program
- Cash balance pension and 401(k) match
- Fierce dedication to diversity and inclusion, supported by our Employee Resources Groups which focus on African-American, Asian, disABILITY Alliance, Hispanic, LGBTA, Military Veterans, and Women’s initiatives and shared interests
- Volunteer opportunities and corporate matching program - we’re one of the largest corporate givers in Wisconsin!
- Pretax commuter benefits for public transit and parking facilities
Req ID: 16041
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/10/2017