Human Resources Business Partner
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 7- 10 years of human resources experience including a Bachelor’s degree in HR or an equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible work experience
- Significant experience as a business partner to top leadership teams. Demonstrated expertise in business and talent strategy, workforce planning, data and analytics, organizational design, and talent management.
- Engages in, and models, courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging idea to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to deliver difficult / complex messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond quickly and creatively to change and shifting, sometimes competing, priorities. Comfort operating through risk and uncertainty in a high- volume work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to co-create business and talent solutions and “quarterback” teams in the execution of solutions with business leaders that enable the achievement of business goals.
- Demonstrated strength in business acumen. Strong strategic perspective to leverage outside in perspectives (including HR thought-leadership) and to make internal connections for the business. Ability to forecast and proactively address business/people needs.
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal/influencing skills, including the ability to build trusted advisor relationships across the organization.
- Strong analytical, data and technology skills.
Req ID: 15663
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: None
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
Licenses/Certifications: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/20/2017