Performance Reporting Analyst
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What’s the role?
This position assists in strategic operational planning and direction for project/support objectives within the department to ensure the investment product line is positioned appropriately within the distribution network. You will assure that future changes and/or new product designs are addressed in a prompt manner. You will run complex department and cross-departmental projects designed to advance the sales and servicing of the product line. This is all focusing on the support of the firm's performance reporting strategy, including composite maintenance and validation. You will lead projects through planning, support, coordination and business integration. You will coordinate with core product line departments to address opportunities in the integration of the line into a company-wide approach focused on meeting field and customer needs. You will ensure regulatory compliance by working closely with Law and Compliance. Together you will adhere to obligations required to conduct business, launch programs and address Field practices.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, marketing, finance, economics or related field preferred.
- Generally 6 years experience in financial services with emphasis in [securities products / advisory products / broker-dealer operations / investment adviser activities, etc.] preferred.
- Required Skills:
- Shown ability to analyze issues: Including ability to gather relevant information systematically while considering a range of issues or factors.
- The capability to think strategically: ability to consider a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions;
- Shown skill to identify critical, high pay-off strategies.
- Experience to innovate: includes generation of new ideas, recognizing the need for new or modified approaches, bringing perspectives and approaches together and combining them in creative ways.
- Attested project management skills and developing processes necessary to give results ability to organize people and business resources to deliver results and meet business objectives in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with: internal personnel at various levels of the organization, external field force and third party vendors.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to work within deadlines, prioritize work, and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations at all levels within the organization and with the external field force.
- Including the ability to present information and ideas clearly in both groups and one-on-one, demonstrated ability to prepare and effectively deliver these through clear and smooth formal presentations as well as effectively in written format.
- Required Licenses and Designations:
- FINRA Series 7 registration is required for duties related to securities and other investment products (to be obtained in a designated period of time).
Req ID: 15661
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/25/2017