Assistant Director, Practice Management
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
This is a project funded allocation.
The Practice Management Team is the preferred partner Northwestern Mutual advisors choose to help them build, grow, and transition an efficient and profitable integrated practice that puts them at the center of their clients’ financial lives beyond an individual client or advisor. Practice Management services are delivered through consulting, services and programs and are delivered to field leadership teams, career advisors, ensemble practices and their teams. This Practice Management Assistant Director role would be responsible for leading all team operations, including Advisor/Ensemble Practice Management and Succession Planning Consulting, Network Office/Field Leadership Consulting, strategic operational projects, the Field Service Line, ongoing tools and resources, and training programs across all field practice models. In addition, the role would support the Flexible Practice Models strategy to help transform and advance how Northwestern Mutual advisors build, grow, and transition their business across several types of practice models. And lastly, this role would be responsible for leading complex Advisor business consulting engagements, including Multi-leader Ensemble practice onboarding transitions.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or progressively responsible work experience.
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience in financial services or other business, finance, and marketing functions, with experience in client-facing business consulting and management or other related experience.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, including coaching, team development, building engagement, strategic agility, priority setting, managing and measuring work, organizational agility, influencing skills, and drive for results.
- Strong skills in business and advisor practice financial analysis and comfort with financial statements, key business metrics, and business performance indicators.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making, change agility, and team-building skills.
- Strong listening and effective questioning skills, as well as communication skills (oral and written) with ability to design and deliver presentations and create written reports with regards to both operational results and future operational strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize consulting and project work and make the outputs visible and transparent with both the client and key internal stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish rapport at all levels of the home office and third parties including senior leaders, consultants, potential partners, advisors and field leaders.
- Proven ability to absorb complex information and independently solve complex business problems in a dynamic environment.
- High degree of self-motivation/self-starter/thought – leader with initiative in sharing information, contributing towards group goals and accepting responsibility for results.
- Ability to travel as needed up to 20%
- Desirable qualifications: Minimum 3 years leading and managing a consulting organization, Practice Management and/Succession Planning subject matter expertise; MBA preferred.
Req ID: 13682
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/11/2017