Assistant Director Communications, Channels & Engagement
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Engagement the Assistant Director Communications - Channels & Engagement, plays a key strategic role in the redefinition and evolution of the company’s communications channels to engage audiences in support of business objectives. Using data and digital innovation to guide the approach for informing and inspiring employees, the field and other partners. In addition to leading daily editorial content alignment and distribution efforts, this leader demonstrates the effectiveness/ROI of the channels strategy, identifying gaps and opportunities. This person serves as team lead for four Channel Managers, one Design & Multimedia Lead and two contractors. The Lead works with his/her team to innovate and ensure the company stays at the forefront of communications technology and is engaging with key stakeholders using optimal methods. This person is a key stakeholder to the Director of Corporate Engagement, assisting with division strategy development, budget oversight and team building activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading strategic evolution of communication channels to engage audiences in support of business objectives and increase engagement across stakeholder groups
- Championing digital innovation
- Leading content distribution and editorial efforts to ensure strong alignment and impact
- Strategically applying metrics and technology to shape and enhance the communication channel strategy, improving consistency, efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyzing/recommending/implementing new capabilities and investment opportunities
- Providing communications technology strategic and tactical support
- Coaching and developing team, providing opportunities for professional and technical growth
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- You've obtained a bachelor's degree in business, communication or related field
- You have minimum 8 years of related experience
- You are a strategic thinker with demonstrated experience of crafting/implementing integrated metrics-based strategies
- You've demonstrated analytical approach yielding quantifiable results
- You have knowledge of cutting-edge techniques and technology for audience engagement
- You have working knowledge of video, audio and electronic media, including the use, design and production of technology-based processes
- You are a proven experience with various media in performance of marketing and/or communications objectives preferred
Req ID: 14001
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 05/30/2017