Full Stack Infrastructure Engineer
- Franklin, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
We invest in our people and provide opportunities for you to grow with us.
Your experience and knowledge are our greatest asset. We are committed to helping you realize your individual potential and reach your personal goals.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As a Full Stack Infrastructure Engineer, you will be a key Agile team member building infrastructure components through traditional and infrastructure-as-code methods to support our web-based applications on premise and in the cloud.
- Consult on right-sizing decisions for infrastructure and services
- Provide functional analysis and oversight for incident management
- Establish monitoring and automation processes to increase efficiencies
A strategic thinker, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering.
Engineering standards and best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization
Required Technical Experience:
- Proven experience using containerization and software defined infrastructure. Ideally this would include at least one or more of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, or Vagrant
- Experience with software development tools and continuous delivery and integration technologies. Ideally this would include at least one or more of the following: Jenkins, Git based repositories, UrbanCode, or Nexus
- Strong scripting abilities - for building tools to perform system automation activities. Ideally this would include at least one or more of the following: Ansible, Perl, Python, or Unix Shell
- Detailed knowledge of web servers and middleware technologies. Ideally this would include at least one or more of the following: Apache, Nginx, Node.js, IBM WebSphere, SpringBoot, or Mule
- Experience in Linux server administration
- Preferred Technical Experience:
- Familiar with Windows Server
Req ID: 9181
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 04/05/2017