- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position: .Net Engineer
To support our growing team, we are looking for an agile developer. You’re the right fit if you’re a great team player and there isn’t a problem you can’t solve. We need an application developer who is passionate about writing code that meets business needs.
You will be working on a team amongst teams building enhancements and new functionality for an application that our Financial Representatives will use for showing Life Insurance illustrations to clients. This application is evolving with the vision for a digital client experience for Northwestern Mutual. This team is located downtown.
Your general milestones are as follows:
- Within the first month – while working with other developers on the teams, jump head-first into modifying components and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to identify the general functions and behaviors of the components you’re working on.
- Within three months –pick up and work on any existing component, contribute directly to technical discussions that affect the current and future state of the component. Essentially, contributing to the team at your full capacity.
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are incredibly kind, talented, and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you must be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision, yet actively interact with other team members in person or over the Internet (chat, videoconference, email).
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with product owners and developers.
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
Education / Professional Experience
Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field
5+ years Development experience in C#
Working knowledge of MS Test, or similar unit testing
Experience writing and debugging .NET applications
Skilled in troubleshooting distributed systems
Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design principles
Req ID: 15582
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/19/2017