VP, Investment Products & Services and President, Northwestern Mutual Investment Services
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
This position has been classified as an Access Person, which will require the reporting of your personal securities transactions.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Reporting to the President and CEO Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management, the Vice President, Investment Products & Services (IPS) and President, Northwestern Mutual Investment Services (NMIS) will...
- Develop and execute a strategy for investment products development.
- Establish strategies to ensure investment product line profitability and so that product financials achieve expected value outcomes.
- Represent all investment products on multi-departmental committees to further develop company strategies.
- Direct all field activities related to the investment product lines, including involvement with the IPS Field Committee, Specialist Program, training modules, sessions at regional and annual meetings and conferences, marketing materials for products and product positioning, presentations for wholesaler and field use, and sales and marketing campaigns.
- Provide representation and advocacy for investment products product line in cross-departmental project teams focusing on compliance, supervision, regulatory issues, marketing and sales strategies, cross-selling and financial security planning.
- Drive the digital strategy for IPS products with eye towards creative concepts and solutions that will advance the client and field experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business and technology partners to define a digital experience for the IPS products.
- Continually benchmark, evaluate, monitor, refine and develop investment products to achieve advantage against competitors, drive sales and increase market share.
- Manage investment products field compensation, including competitive benchmarking, alignment with other NM products, field management overrides and transitions, grid inclusion, and field bonus/incentive programs.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase investment product sales and use the capabilities of the Company’s holistic planning efforts to assess product integration opportunities with NM Risk based products.
- Manage relationships and revenue sharing agreements with other mutual fund relationships. (e.g. product vendor relationships, pricing, etc.)
- Chose long-term strategy for reporting on all IPS products.
- Develop future strategy and plans to facilitate scalability and growth of trust services that stabilizes growth and quality service standards which provides a positive experience for advisors and clients.
- Serve as President of NMIS and actively participate on the NMIS Advisory Board
- Dual officer supporting multiple product lines.
- Lead IPS Product team and Trust Services team
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- MBA degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Ten plus years of extensive securities related experience to include a minimum five years of product line management experience and three years of fee based securities industry and trust product related experience.
- Shown ability to develop and drive strategic direction, successfully develop and launch new products, build working relationships with senior management, and manage multiple product line priorities and corporate projects.
- Strong presentation skills for Home Office and Field leadership audiences and events.
- Series 7 and 24 licenses.
Req ID: 15361
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Master's Required
Employment Experience: 9+ years
Licenses/Certifications: FINRA Series 24; FINRA Series 7
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/28/2017