Senior Visual Designer
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
● 3+ years of experience (digital agency experience is a plus)
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in graphic design, or equivalent professional experience that shows your design chops.
● Proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Principle and InVision)
● Confidence in your work, but zero ego brought to the table
● A strong online portfolio available for viewing
- Significant knowledge of design fundamentals: visual, user experience, interaction and motion
- A systematic design approach and an understanding of how each piece is part of the larger whole
- Can receive and follow creative direction and feedback from discipline leads
- Ability to explain your design decisions
- A passion for being on top of new platforms and technologies
- Self-starter who is user-focused, detail and solutions oriented
Things that we value:
- Curious minds and an appetite for learning
- Passion for the craft
Req ID: 13924
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 05/24/2017