Public Relations Consultant
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
The public relations consultant is an integrated strategic thinker who develops and manages external communication programs, initiatives, and campaigns that support Northwestern Mutual’s strategic corporate communication priorities. In this role, (s)he will focus on bringing national brand awareness of our marketing sponsorships (e.g., NCAA and Rose Bowl) to a range of target audiences. This position will also share our company story and lift the brand working with our offices in regional markets. (S)he should have strong digital savvy and work in close collaboration with our engagement consultants to deliver content across audiences.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- At least six years of dynamic experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing, training or related communication field. Additional experience would qualify you for a senior consultant level and would entail at least eight years of dynamic experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing, or related communication field.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or social sciences.
- Emphasis on specialized knowledge of public relations, media relations, or issues management.
- You have will have strong professional communication skills including business and communication writing.
- You have the ability to listen to, engage, and influence business partners throughout the company; synthesize and relate complex information; analyze communication problems and opportunities; and develop and drive external communication strategies.
- You can counsel business partners in the appropriate use of communication strategies and tactics to inform and influence target audiences (e.g. clients, prospects, key influencers, financial representatives, employees and other partners).
- You have digital savvy and proficiency with a range of communication solutions, including digital content, social media.
- You display strong results in both national and regional media relations.
- You should have strong understanding of PR metrics and analysis.
- You have the ability to work with and guide PR firms. Ability to work with leaders virtually in regional markets throughout the country.
- You embody polished organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Req ID: 10001
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 01/25/2017