Voice of Field Program Director
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
The Voice of Field Program Director partners with key business areas and partners to establish and lead an enterprise-wide Voice of Field (VOF) program. Influence cross-functional field experience initiatives and work efforts to develop and build out an enterprise-wide voice of field capability, integrate this capability into existing processes, and ensure alignment with other business units. Directs research, develops tools, and generates insights from field feedback and research. Develops a measurement and reporting plan for the company to continually assess the quality of field interactions across all touch points, the impact on field’s perception of NM, and the correlation to key business outcomes. Partners with other enterprise senior leaders to use VOF insights to elevate the field experience across all touch points.Principal Accountabilities:
- You will strategically lead the advancement and ongoing improvement of an enterprise-wide VOF capability to provide insights and facilitate creation of solutions to field problems
- Partner with crucial business areas and partners to establish and watch supporting data assets and common platform to house all field data from various sources
- You will apply expertise to operate as a center of excellence for VOF and field insights across the organization
- Develop company-wide metrics and reporting strategy that drives the enterprise to action around building a distinctive field experience and assesses progress against the strategy
- Partner with other senior leaders across the operation to ensure alignment and integration of the VOF capability with other related functions, processes, and capabilities
- You will lead and impact cross-functional field experience initiatives and work efforts
- Build a shared understanding of NM’s field and their pain points. Influence key partners across the enterprise on the application of these insights
- You will direct VOF program champions in business units that assist business in establishing localized VOF capabilities that align with the enterprise capability
- Participate in the development and execution of the enterprise wide field experience strategy
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of increasingly responsible business management experience
- Previous experience in establishing voice of customer or voice of field programs and using data and analytics to strategically drive successful research required
- Ability to set and implement strategic direction in the field experience space in a matrixed environment
- Ability to draw actionable insights and get consensus from all levels of leadership in strategic and operational functions
- Strong short and long term planning skills, coupled with ability to lead resources in response to business needs.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging industry trends
- Strong emphasis on the need to provide continuous learning and customer focus
- Superb communication and analytical skills
Req ID: 16001
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 9+ years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/01/2017