Full-Stack Engineer - Digital Innovation
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a member of the Digital innovation development team as a full-stack engineer, you will be responsible for delivering POC’s that deliver experiments across NM’s various businesses from insurance, real-estate, investments, annuities, business process improvement, and more. You should have experience and expertise in modern web and mobile application frameworks from frontend to backend, including but not limited to HTML5, CSS3 with LESS/SCSS, React, AngularJS, Java Spring Boot, .NET WebAPI, NodeJS with Express, React-Native, Ionic, PhoneGap, Mongo, and RDMS. The 4-5 person teams are cross-functional and deliver through Agile Scrum methodologies and projects range from 2-5 months in duration. The team is fast and your willingness to learn and collaborate is crucial to the success of these experiments.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Experience with REST backend, ex. Node (Express), Java SpringBoot, or .NET Core
- Experience with front-end CSS frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc.) and CSS precompilers (Sass, Less)
- Experience with relational and non-structured databases
- Experience with cloud services and applicable uses, AWS or Azure
- Experience with Git Source Control
- Experience with Mobile development including Native or Hybrid (Xamarin, Cordova, or React-Native)
- In tune and excited by current trends, best practices and web standards
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Desire to collaborate with a cross-functional Agile Scrum team to deliver innovative experiments across every domain in Northwestern Mutual
- Experience with CI/CD including Jenkins or Travis or TFS
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
Req ID: 16083
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
Licenses/Certifications: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/03/2017