Employee Relations Coordinator
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
The Employee Relations Coordinator role provides project and administrative support that requires strong technical, organizational, analytical and project management skills, as well as good judgment and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion. In this role, you will assist the Employee Relations and Shared Consulting team on a variety of HR projects and will have the opportunity to take a lead role in divisional projects that are complex and require innovation and a process improvement mindset. The work requires strong partnership with Embedded HR and people leaders to ensure support and assistance on Employee Relations matters. The role provides administrative support to the Employee Relations and Shared Consulting team such as creating and managing SharePoint sites, managing and creating Excel worksheets, and Outlook calendar management.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Over three years of recent significant administrative and/or project experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in SharePoint preferred
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with others.
- Ability to handle confidential materials discreetly and efficiently use tact and professionalism in dealing with others.
- Proven ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative in completing work assignments and meeting deadlines.
- High degree of personal organization, self-motivation and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify and establish priorities and handle a variety of duties accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to meet changing deadlines on multiple assignments or projects.
- Strong teamwork orientation with the ability to share responsibilities and interact harmoniously with co-workers and others from across the Company.
Req ID: 16101
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: None
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 08/03/2017