Senior Communications Consultant
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As the Senior Communication Consultant, you will be responsible for annual departmental communication activities, you will deliver results through effective use of initiatives, campaigns and media channels, ensuring integration with Northwestern Mutual corporate communication messaging. These activities inform, educate and influence a wide audience, including Northwestern Mutual employees and leadership. You will work in collaboration with a departmental director, you will lead a team charged with conceptualizing, crafting, and delivering annual, multi-audience, integrated communication programs. You will place an emphasis on key messaging development, and execution of deliverables including documents, FAQs, news articles, collateral. You will establish working relationships with outside vendors, contractors, and freelancers to ensure adequate support and expertise is available to execute programs and initiatives. You will handle measurement activities in order to figure out the effectiveness of communication tactics.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or social sciences.
- Your dynamic experience in professional communications, entails at least eight years of public relations, organizational communications, marketing, training or related communication field.
- Your emphasis on integrated communication planning is highly desirable.
- Strong professional communications is a skill of yours, including business and communications writing; public speaking in small- and large-group settings; and one-to-one social relationships.
- You have the ability to listen to, engage, and influence clients; synthesize and relate complex information; analyze communication problems and opportunities; and develop and implement integrated communication strategies.
- The capability to think strategically and counsel senior business managers in the appropriate use of communication strategies and tactics to inform and influence target audiences has been demonstrated from you.
- Your combination of communications consulting experience in both agency and internal corporate settings is preferred.
- You carry experience and proficiency with a range of external and internal communication solutions: face-to-face; print and electronic channels; media relations; creative media solutions.
- Social media applications is a knowledge of yours.
- You possess polished organizational, decision-making and analytical skills
Req ID: 15002
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 9+ years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/29/2017