1st Shift HVAC/Boiler Engineer
- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Assoc Degree in HVAC or graduate of state approved Plumbing or HVAC-related apprenticeship program and a minimum of three years of industrial HVAC systems experience required.
- Will consider candidates who posess HVAC-related certification and 5 or more years of related job experience.
- NIULPE Fourth Class or ASOPE Second Class High Pressure Boiler certification is required.
- Certified Refrigerant Handling Technician required.
- Certification from the WI Dept of Commerce for Cross Connection Control Tester Registration must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- Proven mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematic drawings, updating them as appropriate.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of relevant state and local building codes and industry standards.
- Knowledge of work related OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) regulations including MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and Confined Space Entry desirable.
- Trained in the proper handling and use of hazardous or corrosive chemicals used in water treatment.
- OSHA 10 General Industry Certification & motorized lift certification must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), must maintain CPR/1st Aid/AED (defibrillator) certification; must be obtained within first 6 months on the job.
- Strong comprehensive knowledge and ability to operate automated building control systems (e.g. Honeywell EBI or Johnson Controls Metasys).
- Ability to work from a computerized maintenance management system (e.g. MicroMain MS2000 or Infor DataStream 7i).
- Must have a working knowledge of a PC and be able to demonstrate proficiency in common PC functions and applications, such as MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlookand Internet Explorer.
- Strong customer focus, initiative, accuracy and problem solving skills; effective organizational and communication skills along with the ability to work independently or as part of a team and to adapt to changing priorities and meet required timeframes; a proven track record of consistently good attendance.
- This job is part of a group of jobs considered "essential services." All essential services employees are expected to make every reasonable effort possible to report for work or remain working their shift, even during inclement weather conditions and emergency situations.
- Must be able to regularly work overtime and weekends when required and will be placed on the calling tree for emergency call in.
- See full physical requirements listed in the "Preferred Requirments" field.
- Up to 40 lbs -2/3 and more
- Up to 80 lbs -Up to 1/3
Req ID: 15624
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Associates Required
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 07/25/2017