Senior Cloud Engineer
- Franklin, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you are proficient with cloud-based infrastructure, and you work closely with development teams in an agile workflow to embrace and promote the Dev/Ops philosophy. You will partner with multiple corporate and technical domains to design and integrate solutions with a focus on achieving business value. You will operate in a startup environment with an agile mentality, deliver quickly, and then improve on design and implementation. In addition, you will envision, develop, support, and continually improve automated cloud platform, software development and release processes. This includes analysis, design, development, implementation, and continued evolution of modern infrastructure, application patterns, software, and technology solutions. You will work with managed service provider in the day to day development, support and monitoring of NM Private Cloud. A strategic thinker, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Minimum 6 years experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering.
· Cloud Infrastructure expertise
· OS (RHEL, CentOS, Windows) experience
· Experience with Continuous Delivery
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
· Virtualization (OS, VMware) highly preferred, Open Stack, Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes, general automation and orchestration preferred
· Networking, storage, security
· Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes highly preferred
· Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with immediate team members, other IS areas, and clients in other departments
· Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of technology solutions to meet business needs
· Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization
Req ID: 14821
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/29/2017