- Milwaukee, WI
You and Northwestern Mutual. We believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. And we’re much stronger together than we are apart. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they’re just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
Our business is about helping people secure their financial futures, and that starts with putting people first – our clients, our employees and our field representatives. Northwestern Mutual is known for financial strength. We’re strong, innovative and growing. Come grow with us.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As the Communications Consultant, you will lead the development and implementation of unified communication strategies. This is in support of Northwestern Mutual’s strategic priorities and client business objectives. Communication strategies encompass, internal (field-related and employee communications), and media solutions that inform, educate, and influence a span of target audiences. Primary audiences for this role include the field, employees and other key partners. Under the mentorship of the director and/or assistant director, you will provide communications counsel, planning and implementation to a variety of internal clients, including senior management, department heads, division leaders and project leaders, work collaboratively with communications teams on program execution, ensuring the creation of creative and compelling content and responsible for the successful execution of communication tactics to achieve client business.
Special Note: This position may be filled at a higher level depending on the experience of the applicant.Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing.
- You have experience in at least six years of dynamic professional communications, public relations, organizational communications, marketing, training or related communication field.
- Your emphasis on integrated communication planning is highly desirable.
- Your strong professional communications skills including business and communications writing; public speaking in small and large-group settings and one-to-one interpersonal relationships.
- Your ability to listen to, engage, and influence clients, synthesize and relate complex information, analyze communication problems and opportunities, and develop and implement integrated communication strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and counsel senior business managers in the appropriate use of communication strategies and tactics to inform and influence target audiences.
- Your combination of communications consulting experience in both agency and internal corporate settings is preferred.
- Your experience communicating/marketing to distribution systems/sales forces is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with a range of external and internal communication solutions: face-to-face, print and electronic channels and creative media solutions has been in your experience.
- Expertise using social media applications
- You have experience creating compelling and creative video and audio content
- You have polished organizational, decision-making and analytical skills.
Req ID: 15021
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
Licenses/Certifications: Not Applicable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/29/2017