Service Center Representative I - MyNM Service Center, Full-time, Days
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Service Center Representative I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Service Center Representative I provides the first line of customer service to a 24X7, multi-location, and diverse workforce. Responsible for maintaining the highest level of personnel data integrity within the NM MyNM Service Center, this position will deliver exceptional customer service, timely and accurate resolutions for all requests received via in-bound telephone calls, web forms, walk-ins, and chats across all employee levels. The Service Center Representative I utilizes various applications to analyze, and resolve basic employee inquiries, or escalate based on case complexity and/or transaction requirements.
- The Service Center Representative I will actively listen, and gather information to accurately respond to/resolve all inquiries utilizing the standardized MyNM Service Center intake procedures, policy, knowledge management system, and reference materials
- Provide adequate direction/guidance to employees regarding location of relevant documentation on the employee portal and NM websites
- Provide accurate interpretation, and administration of various system wide initiatives & programs
- Manage the escalation of inquiries to the Service Center Representative II or appropriate points-of-contact based on case complexity and transaction requirements using the case management system and call transfer protocols
- Ensure compliance with NM data administration rules, security standards, as well as functional policies and procedures
- Support activities related to the definition and classification of data in accordance with NM policy
- Collaborate with other team members within the MyNM Service Center to create a positive work environment, allowing for personal and team success
- Follow all MyNM Service Center policies, processes, guidelines, and engage in team activities/ training as appropriate
- Prioritize tasks and issues to ensure these are addressed within pre-defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identify opportunities to update existing knowledge base/content housed within the multiple knowledge bases maintained by the MyNM Service Center
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation, and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements, and report any breaches without delay
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects/testing as called upon, including working extended hours to support department deliverables
- Associate’s degree and 0-2 years of experience in an IS or HR customer service role or in lieu of degree, must have minimum of 2 years of experience in an IS or HR customer service role
- Complete all mandatory learning/ certifications required within a set timeframe
- 0-2 years of experience as a call center representative or in a call center environment
- Ability to work a large volume of employee inquiries in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources or channels in order to identify solutions to employee inquiries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical acumen, and demonstrated abilities navigating multiple systems
- Utmost integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- General analytical and problem-solving skills
- Consistent and effective employee customer service skills and level of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of call center operations in healthcare setting
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.