General Maintenance II, Full-Time, Days, On-Call
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The General Maintenance II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under general supervision, this position performs repairs and preventative maintenance in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, hydraulics, pneumatics, and machine servicing.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner and with quality workmanship.
- Helps create a best in class environment for our patients and staff using past experiences, creativity and independent judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to six years maintenance or construction experience in a commercial/industrial setting
- Experience in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, hydraulics
- Valid Driver’s License
- Maintenance or construction experience in a health care setting.
- Associate's degree or trade school
- Boiler Operator License
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.