Property Operations Specialist-Assistant Property Manager, Full-time, Days
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Property Operations Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
When applicable, the Property Operations Specialist manages the daily operations of parking facilities owned and operated by Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH) in accordance with approved policies and procedures. This position functions as an assistant facility manager, responsible for directing ongoing projects, billing function and securing appropriate answers for problems (when applicable, resolving day to day parking issues).
- Assist Property Manager as directed.
- When applicable, maintain effective parker and tenant relations within the parking facilities and properties, if required.
- Conduct daily rounds of facilities for the purpose of inspection.
- Initiate work orders for Facilities Management or Housekeeping with associated follow up.
- Maintain all aspects of facility paperwork including daily, monthly, and annual reporting; service agreements; invoicing; insurance compliance by tenants; and policy compliance for contracted work.
- Implement plans to accomplish budget goals and objectives.
- Institute additional policies and procedures to further the operations and financial effectiveness of the facility.
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure appropriate facility coverage.
- Enforce guidelines and procedures; implement emergency procedures.
- Provide service to current parkers, tenants, employees, and campus parking program users, if required.
- Answer telephones, take messages and supply relevant information.
- Communicate daily issues and occurrences for each facility with the appropriate managers.
- Maintain files and photocopies, reports, blueprint drawings, which include maintaining accurate building measurements.
- Identify problematic situations and communicate daily to Property Managers as part of a team-oriented quality approach.
- Prepare reports, proposals and presentations as necessary.
- Help administer operating budgets for NMH properties.
- Review and approve invoices for payment or signature by division.
- Administer contracted work, maintenance agreements, capital expenditures and the purchase of supplies.
- Maintain inventory of keys/transponders; contract and interact with contracted service providers; distribute keys/transponders to parkers and others as necessary.
- Oversee and maintain property access schedules as appropriate.
- Prepare, update, and maintain property and program informational materials.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual expense and capital budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or four additional years of property management experience.
- One to three years property management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Word for Windows, and parking facility management software
- Analytic and financial skills necessary to facilitate budgeting, billing, and monthly reconciliation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Experience with parking operations.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.