Patient Transporter- Transport, Full-Time, Evenings
- 10400 Haligus Rd, Huntley, IL
- Job Shift: Evening Job (2nd)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full-Time position at 36hrs a week located at Huntley Hospital. The hours are 2pm-10:30pm, plus weekend rotation. **
The Patient Transporter reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Specifically responsible for transporting patients as assigned.
- Responsible for verifying patient identity using two patient identifiers.
- Provide and adjust transport equipment for safety and comfort of the patient i.e., appropriate line, side rails.
- Required to disinfect/wipe down equipment with approved cleaning product between patient transports.
- Assist patients onto transport equipment. If patients need additional help, patient care should be asked to assist.
- Shows ownership over transport equipment, including routine cleaning, linen dressing and report an maintenance needs.
- Responsible for notifying nursing or ancillary personnel upon arrival or departure of patients.
- Attends to the care of documents relating to the patient e.g. ticket to ride.
- Reports immediately any unusual symptoms of patients i.e. fainting or shortness of breath during time of transport.
- Provides, moves and cares for transport equipment for the movement of patients.
- Utilizes appropriate infection control precautions including appropriate hand hygiene, proper PPE and follows isolation precautions to prevent infection.
- Responsible for safely transporting patient oxygen after being set up by clinician.
- Provides feedback to management regarding equipment conditions and availability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- BLS through American Heart Association (or within 90 days of employment)
- At least 1 year of experience with patient transport handling
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.