CT Technologist, 10 hours - PH- CT Scan, Full-Time, Evenings
- 12251 S. 80th Av., Palos Heights, IL
- Job Shift: Evening Job (2nd)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The CT Scan Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, produces computerized tomographic Radiographs of designated anatomical areas, as requested, in order to provide the Radiologists with diagnostic information with service excellence.
- Provides computed tomography imaging and patient care services at defined levels to patients. Description
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Utilizes ALARA principles during examinations.
- Implements radiation protection and safety standards.
- Prepares for and assists the physician in computed tomography procedures, including interventional procedures. Performs reconstruction of CT images.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
This position is full-time, 80 hours per pay period, alternating days, evenings and weekends.
Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of radiology technology and hold a current certification from the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety. Advanced level registry examination of CT is required. Membership in the American Society of Radiology Technology is preferred. Must be CPR certified.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.